Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kitchen Supplies

We are still eating gluten and casein. This is really an all or nothing deal. I haven't quite wrapped my head around it, yet. I picked up rice flour at the store today thinking I could try to make tempura from it, then put it back. How will I know if I don't try it?
Friday night the two bebes had vegetable, shrimp tempura out to dinner with their father and I. Lucky had less than half cup plain rice, Duckie shared my Yukkisoba (glorified teriyaki? I looked up the recipe later, I am trying something of the sort later this week. Out, it was very greasy, but sweet and tasty enough.)


I have been wanting a wok, for-ever! There's really no room for it in this kitchen, so I keep telling myself I don't need it. I started scouting them out.

I also decided I need a rice steamer. A few weeks ago Dman decided we needed to replace the blender that broke a year ago. It seems I underestimate how important smoothies are in our lives. I was more convinced a rice steamer would fill a need while the blender would take up space.

I was wondering what I could make smoothies with now if I'm not using cow's milk . . . I have had the stuff for making rice milk here for over a week now . . . just wondered if I could make kefir with rice milk . . . and . . . look what I found!

A fantastic new fooding blog with a recipe on dairy-free yogurt!
I'm overloaded with thinking about the way rice milk will react to kefir grains and probiotics! Oooh, I'm going to have to try this! I wonder if it will work?!


Where was I? Blenders, steamers. . . I bought a rice steamer today. In fact, the universe really blessed me today by making available to me a fancy multi-purpose kettle! It steams, it deep fries! It roasts, it browns, it boils! I linked it because it really is that cool. So cool, in fact that I could afford to buy a toaster oven big enough for a chicken! How's that for no room in the kitchen?
I am so thankful for these not so little things.

And that was the point of this post ;)

Here's to looking forward to the oncoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment