Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't Overthink It

Just fed the smallest ones tonight.
Thank goodness for leftover white rice. Hide a little shredded vegetable in it, add an egg and voila. Most common food in my house.
Tonight there was shredded carrot, ginger, three eggs and about two cups of rice.
Easy, breezy.

I am making sushi -style brown rice for myself and Dman. I have some smoked salmon, imitation crab, cucumber, carrots, and cream cheese; going to attempt inari. I have the stuff for miso soup, which can be quite simple to prepare. And, there's salad ingredients if anyone is still peckish.
We're to have a super late dinner after the babes go to sleep. I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to have a meal without children present.

Imitation crab: $2.00
Smoked salmon: $6.00
English cucumber: $1.50
Cream cheese: $2:00
Avocado: 2@ $2.00
Roasted Nori Sheets: $3.00

Twenty dollars. It's cheaper than a movie. Plus, it's bound to be a good laugh trying to roll it!
If it isn't a total wreck, I can try different types in the future. A superb dinner treat for me!

I'm going to eat it and be happy. Not worry about how I'm going to make this gluten/casein free thing work for us without making Lucky separate meals for the rest of my life!

I'll post the recipe I used for the brown rice sushi tomorrow, providing it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment