Monday, January 24, 2011

Filler

I have written  a lot but haven't posted any of it.
I'm having a hard time not letting my posts center around me crying about how hard this is and how ridiculously expensive it is. Don't forget to mention how utterly time consuming.
Only to wind up serving the same food over and over.

I'm concerned about how I can't just feed one person in the family a certain way. About how I'm going to reach a point where keeping foods of a certain type in the house isn't going to work.
I think about how this might get easier as he gets older and starts to accept more foods. But for now there isn't much he will eat; and it's amazing how many things are to be cut out.

I worry about how many vegetables I can really hide in everything.

Baby steps.


I have to embrace how much effort this is going to take. Look at the positives.
I LOVE FOOD! This is going to be a great opportunity to really get in touch with what is going into our bodies. Also, I'll be pleased to be trying new recipes.
Ducky loves trying new foods, and it is really important to me for her to have a really healthy foundation for her food choices later in life. Blue needs more excitement in his diet as well. I want him to want to eat more than just pasta, bread, milk and meat. Same goes for Dman, to tell the truth.
And Lucky, who knows? Maybe the only thing he'll get out of this is a more healthy diet foundation. And that alone is worth it to me. But, maybe. . . just maybe this will help clear out his body and brain and make him feel more connected. Maybe.



I splurged on custom cereal, today. I would love to do that again! It was fun! Probably won't happen, though! I also bought Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal.

I'm also going to Whole Foods tomorrow to check out flours. I found some recipes for flatbread that seem easy and versatile.

Blueberries are buy one get two free! Going to put them in everything this week!



Lucky starts his new school tomorrow. Hello, nerves!
I bought a super adorable bento box for his lunches. It's beautiful green lacquer on the outside with two giraffes, plain black inside. There's a curious saying printed on the top "Around the year when we would wish to stand on tiptoe". It's microwavable and dishwasher safe. Bonus!
I thought it was probably the most suitable option, considering how much rice he eats. Plus, how nice to be able to microwave only one tier, leaving the other cold or room temp.
Besides, aren't all first lunchboxes supposed to be extra special?

There's graham crackers, oranges and V-8 fusion strawberry juice for snack. Cheesy rice bake, egg crepes and apple for lunch. All in all, quite easy.
Yes, I know cheese isn't casein-free. Nor is milk. I'm trying to not explode before the end of the week.



Note: I didn't make the rice bake according to directions. I added italian seasoning, thyme, and pepper to the rice (which was made in veggie broth) and put the tomato paste directly in half of the rice mix. I didn't put cheese on top. They were bake in cast iron skillets in the oven.
They turned out nice. The tomato one would have been better if I had spread it thinner and used less paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment