Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chewing It Over

Today Lucky's bento was packed with two egg crepes, rice noodles cooked with kombu and a tiny bit of miso
(on the dry side); top tier was grapes, broccoli and the rice pudding.
The whole top layer came back, though the broccoli was gnawed at. His teacher wrote in his notebook about how 'impressed' they were with the variety of foods he eats. It gave me a laugh! I secretly think it's just because it looks different.
I, not so secretly, feel really good when there's not much of his food coming home. I also get really pleased when the bento and snack is all packed. If Lucky enjoys it half as much as I do, then, GREAT! :D


Lucky ate rice and egg for dinner. Ducky and Blue had potato and eggs. Boring. There were no veggies.
I need to go shopping!

Bebes had rice pudding after dinner! I added minced apple and  made blueberry compote. The little ones had about a 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream on top.

I use dairy products a lot more than I really thought. Have been looking into cheese substitutes. Thinking about what I use cheese in and why.
Also been thinking about 'binders' a lot!

I need to make shorter posts! I'll just post recipes for the rest of the week. I need some time to focus all this information into something edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment